Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jalin - Jalin in Indo

Jalin Jalin -- Literally means walking walking but is what is used for hanging out.

After 36 hours of insane travel, I am here safe with all my luggage!!

Our flights went well. Singapore Air is great. They have incredible service, food, and all the stewardess look like Porsalon Dolls. Below is a picture I took with one.

One the flight we watched three straigt movies and one point so that helped pass the time.

Once we got into the country we immediately felt the humidity. Incredible. I haven't stopped sweating since. We got picked up and went to visit the school where P had been his last month and days even before he passed.

I didn't sleep more than a couple of hours on the plane so at this point, I've been up for basically 47 hours outside of a few short naps. I will look forward in my ambien and sleeping the whole night.

I already had my first great Indonesia meal. We had fried rice.

Tomorrow early we are going to Bandung and will start meeting lots of people that knew P. It is so surreal being here in Indo knowing that Phil lived here two years. I have had fun watching C speak the language but it's made me so sad knowing that I didn't get to see P interact with people and speak the language.

Continue to pray for energy levels and for health. These days will be really long and full.

I think that's it for now. Below our some pics we took on the way so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment