Thursday, June 11, 2009

Grateful to God!!

The last day has just been incredible. Everything that I tried to envision or hopeful as been happening.

Last night we went to the small group that P and E attened. They are a Chinese Indonesian group. They were very welcome and said how much that they had missed them.

During the small group time, I was so tired, hot, and my back was just killing me sitting on the floor. I kept asking God for grace and endurance. I felt like I was going just fall over. But I made it through it. The worship time was great with them and they had a teaching. Afterwards they asked if I had anything to share. So I shared with them and C translated for me.

I told them thanks for everything they did for P and how they embraced him. I shared with them how hard it's been as well for our family but that we were proud of how P had lived.

I told them that we have two choice in our beliefs. We can either trust in the things God does for us. We can trust in our visions, our plans, our families, or we can trust and believe in God's character. If we trust in other things those will disappoint us and when chaos happens we can doubt then God's love for us. But if we trust and hold onto his character then nothing can shake us. This group was praying and supporting P and E's vision and dreams here so it's been hard for them to see how it moving forward without P.

Afterwards I talked with a few of the business men and they were close with him. We talked about the days surrounding his passing and we shared tears together. These were guys that he had played tennis with us well. One of the guys who loved playing doubled with him, shared how for three days he couldn't sleep after P's passing. It was so good being with this group. They all did a lot to help P's body leave the country.

Today I met with the director of his school. He was very warm and we shared more tears and memories together. He had visited P when he was in ICU and with the breathing machine. When P died, he sent out 24 letters to various places to help get the body to the US. Everyone worked so hard to help Esther.

After that we walked around his neighborhood and saw his house. They lived so close to their neighbors and loved them all so much.

Then we went to the hospital and saw where they had the service for him here.

Thanks again for all your prayers and support. My energy today is okay, probably will get tired later.

Tomorrow we take the train to see A and T. I will meet up with E and A tomorrow for the train and can't wait to see them.

Today for lunch C and I went to a place they went for lunch and we got great burgers. they were even better than what we get in the states. Again, I've loved the food so much. I love the rice and spicey food they have.






P and E's Small group

P's school

P's House

Traffic!

P's business partners and tennis friends

ICU where P passed

Where they held the memorial service


The director of the school and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment