Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Going Home

My time is winding down here in Indonesia. Yesterday as we remembered the 16th, it was a very good and special day.

C and I took A to the zoo. That was a lot of fun and we were able to get close to the tigers who were pacing back and forth.

For lunch we ate pizza, and had a sharing time. There were many of P's friends here. It was a great sharing time.

Afterwards we went and played tennis with the guys that P used to play with. We had a great time playing together.

Then in the evening we went to a restaurant that is owned by one of the business partners. He was very generous. I had already had two drinks, a big meal and he then ordered pizza for us to try.

This morning I walked in their old neighborhood one more time by myself. Many people were out and smiled at me. I met the two guys that P talked with a lot. They lived around the corned and I told them I was P's brother. The older guy went and brought back pictures he had of P and E and also one he had with my dad from their visit. So that was lots of fun.

I've been doing some shopping this morning and then hopefully for lunch we'll catch up with E and A and say good bye to them. It's so funny when C and I walk around. They all know the word Mister. So they say halo Mister and laugh and smile and watch us everywhere we go.

C and I will take a bus to Jarkata at 2 and then I fly out at 8:30 and start by 36 hour journey back to Wichita.

My heart is full and I am taking back some great memories.

I'll post some more pics and hopefully some videos after I get back.

Thanks again for all your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment