Wednesday, June 10, 2009

In Bandung

I had a really good night of sleep. Tonight I am pretty tired but overall doing really well.

this morning we made it to bandung and got settled in where I'm staying which is right at P's school.

Immediately we went to get the motorcycle and now C and I are going everywhere on that. It is one of the most wild experiences of my life. C said there are 600,000 motorcycles on the road. There is no rules to the traffic. C describes that there is a rhythm to the traffic.

I met F who is a friend of P and was going to be a business partner is P's work here. He shared some really nice things about P. He said it's still to think about it and wonder why God took him away. I got to pray for him and the things he's still involved with.

Tonight we are going to a fellowship that P and E went to during their time here. I am sure I'll here my stories about P so that will be really good.

I am enjoying the people here so much. I just love meeting different cultures and picking up new things from each culture. Some is very similar to Latin culture yet so much is different. Everyone laughs a lot and is so much fun.

One of the hardest things being here is missing P so much. What I was prepared for is seeing emotionally where he lived and studied but I didn't think about missing him and so much wanting to see how he interacted with people and to hear him speak Indonesia. I guess we'll have so much to talk about in Heaven and can learn more then.

But it's still great to see it all. Everyone wants to know about my family and wonder when I'm bringing my wife and kids back. So I told them when my kids are older.

Tomorrow, we'll go to where P lived and also the hospital where he passed. so that will probably be hard.

sorry if my grammar isn't great or spelling isn't great. I need to type fast and go and also my mind is still a little foggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment